Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Baby Update

Baby Girl York has definitely learned how to use her legs! Just in the past few days I am starting to differentiate between a leg kick (ow!) and fingers and toes (flutters). It is amazing. And now that she is getting bigger and weighs close to a pound I feel her most of the day (and night...)- I think she may be one of those babies who doesn't sleep much... I am 6 months along tomorrow and can't believe how fast this is going! I had a doctor appointment on Monday and everything was great! Blood tests came back negative and the pictures we did get from the sonogram looked normal. We are going in for another sonogram soon to get the remaining pictures the tech could not get last time because she was bouncing around too much. Then I have another doctor appointment on December 31. I love going just so I can hear her heartbeat. Kyle will get to go with me next time and finally hear her little heart. We cannot wait to meet her!

We are down to two names for Baby Girl York, but are going to keep them a secret for a while. We will probably end up going to the hospital in March with both names, then maybe wait to meet her before we pick one.

I have been enlisting our very vocal yellow lab, Travis, everyday to bark up a storm whenever possible (he can now bark on command). The baby can hear it and I have read that noises a baby hears inside the womb don't bother her very much once she is here. And since our dogs bark at anything the moves outside, having her as used to that noise as possible can only make everyone's life easier. She will also be very used to the loud noises of an 8th grade hallway during class changes...

We are very excited to go home to Texas in a few weeks one last time before our baby girl arrives to see grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins, godparents, and friends!!! We have a very loved and blessed baby on the way, and we are very blessed to have this gift.

No comments: