Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

First post of the New Year!

I can't believe this is my first post of 2010. We have been so busy this month!

And here is an example of the silly baby we love so much sleeping with one foot hanging out of her crib...


First, Kyle left for training. Then, Willa and Mommy went to Bonita Springs, FL, to meet her Great Grandparents, Nanny and Grandpa. We had so much fun visiting and going to the beach!


Then, the two of us spent a night at home before driving to Sterling City to see Grammie, Grandpa, Merle, James, Aunt Jessica, Uncle Oscar, Aunt Julie, and Ruben! It was so fun to see where everyone lives and Brooklynn's (ETA April 2010) nursery!


Hanging out in Great Grandpa Jame's pick-up

Girlie time!



Throughout these two weeks, Willa has grown leaps and bounds. She is very talkative and Kyle and I think she may have really said her first word tonight- we just aren't sure if it was an appropriate babble or a "word". I was talking to Kyle on my drive back from Sterling tonight and I let Willa hold the phone and "talk" to Daddy. Well, she smiled a huge smile while he talked to her, then flipped out when I took Daddy away. So I put Kyle on speaker phone for a few minutes so she could hear us talk. Once I went back to regular phone (opposite of speaker phone?), she was still not pleased. But this time, instead of crying, she very clearing said "Da-dee". Kyle and I were silent for a second, then I asked him if he heard that, which he had. We were shocked! We aren't sure she knew what she was saying, but it surely fit the moment! She sort of did this the other day in Target, too. I put her back in the cart since she was getting too heavy to keep holding and she was not pleased. After a few whiny crys, she stopped, looked me in the eye, and said "da-da-da" as if to tell me "Daddy wouldn't make me sit her!". A-TTI-TUUDE! :)

In addition, Willa is very close to standing on her own and is making an attempt to bear crawl these days. She is better about standing with her feet flat on the ground, as opposed to her previous habit of being on her tippy toes.

New foods this month: ice cream, apples (she licks them), cheese

She also puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. I had a freaky moment today before leaving my parent's house. Let me preface this by saying I have NEVER seen wind blowing as hard as it does out West, except for very fast boat rides. We're talking 60-70 mile an hour winds. Anyway...I was packing the car and the Christmas lights were getting blown in between the door and the house while I was going in and out. I apparently let the lights stick in the door once and it broke a clear bulb off into the house. 15 minutes or so later, Willa is crawling around and went behind my chair. I got up to follow her and no sooner had she put "something" in her mouth. Yes, it was the broken bulb. Before I realized what it was, all I saw was "something" in her mouth by the way she was looking at me and moving it around her tongue. My mom got to her first and tried to get it out- no luck. So I grabbed her and, being her mother, had no issuse with making her mad by holding her down and pulling her mouth open. I couldn't see it, but I felt it. (Still, I didn't know what it was). Thinking it was a rock, I snagged it with one finger at the back of her jaw and pulled it along her inner cheek to get my thumb on it and grab it. POOR BABY! She screamed and once I saw it was a glass Christmas light bulb, realized I had just cut the inside of her cheek. Oh, it was awful! She wasn't bleeding really at all, but I can only imagne how scary that pain was to have for the first time. I checked to see if she bit it and had other pieces in there, but there weren't any. I gave her cold water to help her cheek and to check if she had any in her throat (assuming she would cry when she swallowed if she did), but she is fine now. Needless to say, I was a but of a wreck. And what did she do about 10 minutes later? She found a bur and stuck it in her mouth. Yep, had to reach in again and, unfortunately for her, it was on the same side as the bulb had been- that must of hurt! It sounds like I don't pay attention to my child. I do. But wow, she is quick! I won't be surprised if I take her to the ER a few times as a kid...

No comments: