She was very helpful and when Dr. Reidy wanted to listen to her heart, Willa took the stethoscope and put it up the her chest. How did she remember how to do that from her last visit!?!? That's what I want to know!
Then Willa was a stinker and wouldn't show the doctor her teeth. Dr. Reidy had to resort to holding her nose until she opened her mouth. Willa gagged once when the tongue depressor went in, but when the tooth exam was over she thought that experience was hilarious!
Willa also decided to announce to the Dr. and her intern that she had gone "poo-poo", a word she uses for both tinkle and poop. She is in a phase now where she wants a new diaper every time she goes, which I oblige to since I don't want to discourage potty training down the line. (Side note: three times in the past 2 weeks, Willa has run to the bathroom yelling "Potty!", tugged on her pants, so I take them and her diaper off, sat on the potty for a few seconds even though nothing happens, and flushes the toilet- baby lead potty training already???). But what I didn't know was how complex our child's vocabulary is! Dr. Reidy said the number of words she has exceeds most 2 year olds and the fact that she is conscious of when she uses the bathroom in her diaper is also more on a 2 year old (or older) level. Little Miss Smarty Pants! So after those comments from the doctor and the 25 question survey I took in the waiting room, Willa passed the Autism test with flying colors.
Willa did have to get a flu shot and a Hep A shot today. Poor thing is finally starting to notice when she gets stuck with a needle- she was not happy! But the nurse but a little Tweety band-aid on her thigh. She loved it and picked it off and stuck it to random parts of her body the rest of the day claiming she had multiple boo-boos. So silly!
Willa is such a blessing and we are so lucky to be her mommy and daddy. Here is a recent picture of our big girl! We love you, Willa Caroline!


No comments:
Post a Comment